One or two of the links for picture are no longer available on this blog but the text of many, many ideas for light box work are still present. A few of my favorites are:
- Set a table by having the student match plate, cup and spoon with a transparent outline of these objects on the light box
- Help the student mix colored soft drink mix into a clear glass of water and watch the color develop
- Paint with whipped topping on red or blue transparency
- Stack up blocks so that simple arm or leg movement knocks them down
- Have student use a capability switch to turn on the light box
- Use a bold marker to write letters on lightweight paper and tape it to the light box. Have student trace the letters.
Some of these I have done with students, others are new. How do you utilize a light box with your students?